Monday 6 July 2009

Awe

I’m standing very still
And listening very hard
To chromatics in the breeze
And harmonics in the trees.

My world, it seems ok.
In fact, it’s pretty good.
There is no other being,
From whom I should be fleeing.

It’s just me, the breeze and I,
Who live each day in awe.
In awe of setting scents at twilight.
Colours melting into midnight.

The tips of twisted trees are tickled,
Branches flex and quiver
And bend towards the teasing light.
They lean and stretch with all their might.

Inflated is my swollen soul,
Suspended at an altitude.
So high up in the stratosphere,
I soon forget why I am here.

And then I realise my role
I swiftly learn my purpose
I'm filled with fizzy thanks and praise
My neck extends and up I gaze

I thank the Lord that I am here!
And beam from my two temples.
My moments with my Saviour,
Are lifetimes with my Saviour.

No comments: